25 September 2010

The art of Sorry

Here at AnsteyDesign the guys in the studio are a little nervous. You see they have finally succumbed to my hassling and given me complete control of the AnsteyDesign blog.

At first they wanted me to tell them exactly what it was I would be 'blogging' about each month but for me this defeats the purpose of a blog. A blog should be organic. It should be influenced by your mood, what project you are working on, what has been happening on the news, and whether you featured. You shouldn't be restricted by a list of topics carefully presented to you on a piece of paper.

So from a reasonably rigid approach where we knew what we would be saying each month to my approach of just seeing how I feel... it's probably understandable why the guys in the studio are a little nervous.

For this months blog I’ve decided to take a quick look at the word ‘Sorry’. Why? Well, simply because I'm sorry that this is the first AnsteyDesign blog for several months!

Here is a little trivia about the word ‘Sorry’. Did you know that sorry can mean:
"Sorry," an expression of regret (emotion)
Sorry! (game), a board game
Sorry! (video game), the board game remade electronically
Sorry! (TV series), a 1980s British sitcom
Sorry, a 2002 Japanese Film
Sorry, a 2002 skateboarding video by Flip Skateboards
National Sorry Day an annual Australian event, dedicated to awareness of recent aboriginal history
Sorry (novel), 2007 novel by Gail Jones.

Some countries have even taken to developing ‘Sorry’ greetings cards. This reminds me of something I did for my mum when I was seven. It was her birthday and I remember being fairly naughty and she ended up sending me to bed without any supper. I felt so guilty that I’d ruined her birthday by being naughty I created her a ‘Sorry’ card. If only I’d know what a franchise it would turn in to… But still, if you ever find yourself stuck and need a personal ‘Sorry’ card at least you know where you can turn!

Be good until next time,

FB – http://www.ansteydesign.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment