16 January 2010

Which browser do you prefer?

Netscape, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and now Google Chrome... we've seen a fair few different web browsers over the past 15 years. Once my favourite was the now defunct Netscape - it was probably a hell of a lot more stable than the current Internet Explorer. How many hacker attacks where launched through that?

Now, I've tried all of the different browsers mentioned above and want to give you an honest opinion on all of them (well the ones you can actually get hold of).

Internet Explorer
It's only fair that I tell you I am an Apple Mac user and therefore completely biased against anything Microsoft create. Having said that, here is my view - don't go near this program! It's just buggy, and clunky. On top of that everything Microsoft seem to produce at the moment appears to be a rip off of Apple, right down to their 'gadgets' for Vista. Seriously, if you like this read the google hack article.

Safari
This is the web browser that I default to 9 times out of 10. It's just brilliant, reliable, fast and easy to you. But then what else do you expect from Apple?

Firefox
This is an amazing browser and I'm shamefaced to admit it's one that for a long time I avoided using. In my defence I did try and use it when it first came out but I had such a torrid time I quickly reverted back to safari. Now, however, I have given it a second chance. My faith has not gone unrewarded. This has got to be one of the most user friendly and adaptable browsers out there. Nothing comes close. I just love it!

Google Chrome
This is actually an interesting little programme. I feel that they have not ironed out all the errors, but as it is a fairly new piece of software you can understand this. I'm yet to find out if there are major issues but will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment